Re[2]: Folk/Celtic Looping

     Michael (doctorin' the croft) Hughes suggested:

...Though Folk is sometimes used, the Scots and Irish use the phrase
Celtic
to distance themselves from the English.  Must be all that Morris
dancing...

     Ah yes, those idyllic afternoons on the village green, watching
Morris
     dancing. Sadly, he's a bit past it now and can't always manage to
make
     the gig...apparently he can't stick the pace and is hopping mad,
     thrown in his hankie (etc) However:

I'm really not aware of any Celtic loopers per se.

     One might just (time) stretch a moot point and suggest that John
     Martyn qualifies as a/the `god father' of folk/Celtic loopists, given
     his work in the 70's with tape echo - although mainly delay-based,
     rather than looping I suppose. Albums from "Solid Air" through "One
     World" each contain aspects of interest here, I'll (perhaps rashly)
     propose.

     Cheers

     David
     <http://subnet.virtual-pc.com/or387751>