we're movin'!! ....sorta...

Some of you have probably noticed how Looper's Delight sometimes gets
totally screwed up by my ISP. The list goes down, the web site disappears,
mail bounces, the domain name breaks, whatever. You've probably heard me
complain on occaision about what idiots they've got at slip.net.

Well the truly last straw was having the digest version of the list go down
around the beginning of April. Two months later it's still down, despite
repeated calls and emails. Every now and then someone would actually reply,
be very apologetic, and then do nothing.

So, we're outta here!

I've spent the past few weeks researching web-hosting ISPs, and signed up
for one that looked like a nice fit. (it's alabanza, if you want to know).
The best feature, in my opinion, is the support guarantee: If I contact
their support, and a real human has not replied to me in 24 hours, I get
the whole month free! They also have other features that should make the
whole thing work better and easier to manage. oh yeah, and it's half the
price of slip.net, that didn't hurt!

Since I have my own domain name, urls and email addresses *DO NOT CHANGE*.
Everything is still annihilist.com. The change should be totally
transparent for all of you.

The only reason I'm even mentioning it is because I've now got everything
set up there, and I'm switching the domain name to the new server right
now. It might take a few days for that to propogate all over the internet.
There is always that chance that something could go wrong in the process.
So if something strange happens with the list or the website, that's why.
Please let me know if you see anything odd.

And remember, the urls and email address *do not change*!

thanks!

kim