DJ loopage

OK so I finally have some time and soon some disposable income, consumer
boy, and will be submitting some demo tapes to local dance clubs in Austin.

I'm interested in bringing in some effects.  Essentially I play cds, and
lps as my DJ mixer standardly has two cd channels and two lp channels.
If anyone has used a delay or other pedal/mechanism for this purpose, I
would like to know some results you acquired.
I'm also considering bringing in sounds from the television, or live radio
broadcast, maybe I'll just run static, but I wonder if anyone has done
this? And I don't mean U2.
Thanks for the help!!

Mjh