RE: looping software?

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Leonardo Cavallo wrote:

> At 16.42 19/05/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >What would be fantastic is to find some software (I use a PC) that one
> could load a number of samples into, then play them back in a
> User-controlled order.

I don't think anyone has mentioned software for the Mac titled "Back to
Basics". It was developed by some students/artists at CMU who use it in
the Devoesque band Operation Reinformation (O.R.I.)

This software plays samples and everything is trigger by a computer
keyboard. depending on which function keys and combinations you press you
can make the sound louder, stretch, play backwards, etc etc. It's done
totally live.

They just finished a tour and showed up onstage with four MAc powerbooks
and computer keybaords strapped to their chests guitar style. It was
hilarious but in reality they actually really could *play* those damn
things too.

I forget the URLl of their website but you can do a searc on Back to
Basics or Operation Reinformation and probably find it. I belive they said
they were also going to make a PC version. Either way the sowftar was damn
cheap (around $20 or so as I recall).

Their CD is great too btw...

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.