Re: dt clarification: was Frisell in Portland (minimal loop content)

>93
>
>---Texture444 <Texture444@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> In a message dated 4/25/98 4:46:05 PM, dgoat
>wrote:
>> >When I get my DOD dfx98, I'm thinking of
>> >setting it on a stool, playing the knobs and
>> >stealing Bill's gig! Absolutely different from
>> >how I have always approached looping (more the
>> >Fripp/Torn direction).
>> !!!??!!!
>> hello?
>> sorry to take up valuable LD bandwidth
>(again), but i'm
>> just aiming at a bit of clarification, here:
>> rf & i certainly do *not* share an "approach"
>to our live use of looping, any
>> more than we share an approach to our
>guitar-playing.
>
>Sorry to twist yer knobs there dt, I probably
>should have written it as "more the Fripp *or*
>Torn direction".  Didn't mean to imply that
>you're joined at the loop with RF!
>
>By the bye, the other day I listened to "Secrets
>of the Beehive" for the first time in a couple
>of years and "The Boy with the Gun" just knocked
>me on the floor! I remember when I first got
>that album wondering where the dt was, and now,
>suddenly, I can hear that practically the whole
>meat of the song is you! And I have no idea in
>hell how you did most of it! Absolutely
>spellbinding!
>
>93
>
>Rev. DOubt-GOat

I wholeheartedly agree that Secrets is a seminal work for both syl and
torn.  it's all good sunday listening...lush and exacting at the same time.

Paul Poplawski, Ph.D.
email = ppoplawski@state.de.us  or  paulpop@ssnet.com
phone service = 302/737-4491
weekday office = 302/577-4980