Re: Hackles have been raised!

> Sounds like someone who's been to one too many
> contemporary chamber concerts? Or someone who's
> had a music professor who composes with number
> theory?
> There is of course such a thing as overly
> intellectual music, music that is composed with
> theory only.  And on the other hand, there is
> music that is emotive shit.
> Music should blend emotion with thought, Hod
> with Netzach, heart with head.  This = soul.

On the other hand...

I've heard music supposedly "written from the heart and soul"
that sounded dreadful to my ears and I've heard "theory composed"
music that was breathtakingly beautiful.

As a music listener, the methods used to create a piece of music only
to me as intellectual curiosities.   What truly matters emotionally is
the impact of the end result, regardless of how it came to be.

Paolo Valladolid
\ finger pvallado@waynesworld.ucsd.edu for more info             \ |
 \ http://waynesworld.ucsd.edu/DigitalGuitar/home.html            \|