Re: Looper Wishlist

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Dave Trenkel wrote:

> I had a nutty idea for a looper a while ago. I was playing around with
>the
> vortex, which has some patches that use dynamics as a control parameter,
> mostly for things like echo level and feedback, and was thinking about
> other ways dynamics could be used to control a looper. What if you could
> replace elements in a loop based on dynamics? If you're silent, the loop
> remains the same, if you play softly, the new material is mixed into the
> background of the old, and if you play at full volume, the old material
>is
> completely replaced by the new. I can't imagine if playing a device like
> this would actually produce anything musical, but it'd be cool to try.

> Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

The Vortex already does this (dynamic loop replacement)...check out
setting 9b.  Granted, it's not a looper per se but it's the loopiest delay
I've ever seen. :)

---
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear
 to man as it is, infinite."  -- William Blake

Todd "Uses setting 9b too too much" Pafford   galen@erols.com