non US loopers gear purchasing

boys boys boys, looking for a good time.

Have any of you non US based folks purchased gear from the States via the
mail ?
Does it work out cheaper ?  Do you find it easy to get things that are
reviewed in
magazines like Guitar Player but are unlikely to be seen in your local
guitar shop
due to the esoteric nature of it ? I'm thinking about trying it - as
no-one seems to
have the things I want for about two years, if attall.

Am I right in thinking some stuff wouldn't work here if bought from the US
, e.g the echoplex,
apparently not yet 'CE' (?) approved ( 110V vs 240V )
Would this go for all plug based equipment ?

Regards
Andrew