Re: Pedals:expressionless--Anatek Pocket ?--Laurie's dream

quick technical query--

just got a Seiko xpression pedal and an Anatek Pocket pedal in the
mail---love those Net trades---ripped open the box . . .

OOOOHHHHH boy, gonna' YANK that Vortex in line now . . . and have me a real
podo-tactile-MEEDDEE eenterface in hte bargain, YUK YUK

plugged the xpression pedal in the footpedal input on my Vortex and put the
Anatek on my desk here I could gaze at it's cable-less, naked beauty . . .

started up the Vortex, chose a parameter and started gassing the
pedal--Nothing.

hmmmmm . . . gassed it again and the value readout on the Vortex began to
change, but only from 64 (top) down to 61--not exactly the  vortex WORLD
DOMINATION I had envisioned . . .

tried a few other parameters-- 61-64 only on readout (and only after the
parameter was set at a minimum of 59 or so--it sez in the manual that the
foot pedal will only control the parameter when the footpedal value exceeds
the existing or preset value)

is this due to limited range in this particular XP pedal or am I missing
something--tried using the expression pedal on the volume input of my DX-7
keyboard and it seemed to have pretty good range there--what gives?

ALso: anybody have the little instruction sheet for the Pocket Pedal that
they could mail or fax (314.773.7920) to me--seems like a no-brainer to use
. . . but, . . .
(fill in the blank)   PLEEEEEEEEEEEZ--I'll pull a thorn out of your paw,
someday

finally: Laurie H. hasn't posted this (probably because of her demure and
retiring nature) but asked me awhile back:

 >Say, maybe you can make a recommendation:  I'm looking for a used midi
>>controller, bass floor pedal thing.  I'm goin after those
>kick-major-butt
>>DEEEEEP tones, man.  Will use it to drive a Roland XP-50.  Ideas on what
>>look for??

WHAT, do I LOOK like some kind of clipboard-toting, pocket-protected,
THICK-LENSED MIDI NERD . . . post it to the %^%^#$%$ list . . .

(Uh . . .oh-oh . . . just kidding . . . REALLY . . .  sorry, sorry . . .
meant )

bronzed, MASTERFUL, strapping MIDI stud(ette)  . . .  (yeah that's it)

anyway, if you could help her (and uh, me out) that would be really nice
and

thanks

tom :(
Tom Lambrecht  hideo@concentric.net