Re: Digital vs analog

Dave said:
In the digital realm, my Audio Alchemy DDE D/A converter
>sounds "warm" in comparison to my Sony Discman.  Is this distortion?
>Highly unlikely, given the quality differential between the two.

It is that the sampling rate is higher for audio alchemy?  What is the
reason for better warmth, quality, what does that mean?

What kinds of instruments do you, or do you run into Audio Alchemy, etc?
Do you find yourself goind more digital?  Why?
Do you think that this warmth of sound can be actually higher in digital
equipment than analog?