Re: Phenomenon

>     Just a reality check though. How many times have you spent an entire
>     evening tweaking dsp's or even just tone and distortion settings,
>only
>     to have a bad case of studio sweat n' jitters as well as ear
>fatigue,
>     and not really *played* anything? (Well, I did move my fingers! And
>     that counts! 8->) With a day job, sometimes it's really easy to be
>     lazy and actually just play your instrument! (snip) At the end of
>the
>     evening I was grooving to a new patch which requires no foot pedals
>     for input... Then send the loop off to Vortexland and we're really
>     swimmin'!

I try to keep clear of programmable FX - though I'm often tempted by the
functionality, I get option anxiety and go back to my pedals.  Besides, I'm
always worried about the programmable stuff losing its memory just before a
gig....  Right now I'm playing the guitar into the JM with no FX and
listening off on headphones.  Sounds great.

Michael