Re: where DAW

At 08:02 PM 3/24/98 +0100, Woehni wrote:
>Hi folks
>
>As usual I jump in at the end of a thread and completely kill it :-)
>
>Im shure this has come up before , but where can I get DAW?? I gather it`s
freeware??
>would it be of any use in my soundblaser awe32 - cubase audio setup??

DAW = Digital Audio Workstation

Generally a computer running some set of applications for audio and music,
with some reasonable quality audio hardware. It can be anything from cheap
sound card and freeware to $100,000's worth of stuff.  Your
soundblaster/cubase setup would qualify as a sort of lowend DAW.

And yes, looping with DAW setups is completely on topic for this list....If
you want to discuss it, just go ahead and start!

kim
Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
Mpact Systems Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research              http://www.chromatic.com