IRC Chat with David Torn & Tony Levin!

In the department of IRC Chats The Artist Shop definitely has some big
news!
We have another killer chat lined up for Sunday, March 29th at 5pm EST.
This is a joint chat with King Crimson & Peter Gabriel bassist Tony Levin
and experimental guitarist/loopmaster/sonic mayhem maker David Torn.  On
the
IRC page you'll find details on how to join the chat along with a cover
graphic and soundbites from the forthcoming Bruford/Levin Upper Extremities
album.  This is not an album to miss!  In April they will be hitting the
road on the east coast to support this album.  Here is the latest update on
those gigs:

        Bruford - Levin Upper Extremities

         Bill Bruford -drums, percussion and a little keyboards
         Tony Levin -basses and stick
         Chris Botti -trumpet
         David Torn -guitars and loops

          CONFIRMED PERFORMANCE ITINERARY EAST COAST APRIL
                                    1998:

         April 13 New Haven / Toads Place
         April 14 Philly / T.L.A.
         April 15 Washington / Birchmere
         April 17 Baltimore / Orion (2 shows)
         April 18 New York / Knitting Factory (2 shows)
         April 19 Boston (Cambridge)/House of Blues/Live Internet Broadcast

Note that April 19 will be part of a live internet broadcast!  I don't have
information yet on how to access that netcast, but that's certainly a good
question for the chat, eh?  Also you'll definitely want to ask questions
about Tony's participation in the new Magna Carta release, Liquid Tension
Experiment with keyboardist Jordan Rudess, guitarist John Petrucci and
drummer Mark Portnoy.  This has just been released.  You'll find it at
<http://www.artist-shop.com/magna>.  This is one album I can't recommend
highly enough (Upper Extremities being another) and every post I've seen on
it praises it to the skies!

Gary

                          Gary Davis
The Artist Shop                              The Other Road
http://www.artist-shop.com          artshop@artist-shop.com
phone: 330-929-2056                        fax:330-945-4923
              SUPPORT THE INDEPENDENT ARTIST!!!
       Check out the latest Artist Shop newsletter at
            http://www.artist-shop.com/news.htm