Re: Gear acquisition(dreams)

----------
From: Woehni <hovard@online.no>
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
Subject: SV: Gear acquisition(dreams)
Date: Saturday, March 14, 1998 1:13 PM, Woeni wrote:

Great list , thanks a lot!!!   BTW , a friend of mine actually owns a Korg
ms-20 and he wants
to sell it. Is there anything I should know before I try it out?

Yes, it might take time to figure out all you can do with this great and
underrated synth, but
in the end, you'll be glad you took the time to learn the beast.

So don't give up thinking it's a crap machine just because you're not
getting great
results at your first try.

Another great thing about the MS-20 is that it can easily be repaired
since most of
its parts are commonly available.

Be sure to check out MS-20 related stuff on the web.  Music Machines has
some
good info.

Enjoy!

D 4 V 1 D    K R 1 5 T 1 4 N
jndk@colba.net
http://www.alien8recordings.com

>Re: vintage synths with inputs:
>
>Here is a short list of instruments I have had experience with which can
>serve
>as processors.
>
>Instrument             Availability              Price range...
>Pros/Cons
>
>Roland SH-2          common                  $400               Great
>envelope filter.
>Roland SH-1          kinda rare                $400                Great
>env. filter.
>Korg MS-10            common                 $400                Nice
>filter. No env. follower.
>Kork MS-03            kinda rare               $100
>Pitch-toVoltage control module/works with ms synths.
>Korg MS-20            common                 $700                Awesome
>instruments with built-in MS-03 and 2 filters.
>Korg X-911              common                 $200                Guitar
>synth w/dist./filt (no resonance) and a weird wah
effect.
>EMS Hi-Fli              rare                       $1500
>Guitar synth w/ring mod/filter and distortion quite strange
>EMS VCS-3            rare                       $4000
>Semi-modular synthesizer, AKS is the briefcase portable
>
>        version.  This can be used as a processor as
well