Re: Gear acquisition(dreams)

Re: vintage synths with inputs:

Here is a short list of instruments I have had experience with which can
serve
as processors.

Instrument             Availability              Price range...   Pros/Cons

Roland SH-2          common                  $400               Great
envelope filter.
Roland SH-1          kinda rare                $400                Great
env. filter.
Korg MS-10            common                 $400                Nice
filter. No env. follower.
Kork MS-03            kinda rare               $100
Pitch-toVoltage control module/works with ms synths.
Korg MS-20            common                 $700                Awesome
instruments with built-in MS-03 and 2 filters.
Korg X-911              common                 $200                Guitar
synth w/dist./filt (no resonance) and a weird wah effect.
EMS Hi-Fli              rare                       $1500
Guitar synth w/ring mod/filter and distortion quite strange
EMS VCS-3            rare                       $4000
Semi-modular synthesizer, AKS is the briefcase portable

       version.  This can be used as a processor as well
as

       stand-alone system.  i.e: Fripp & Eno's No
Pussyfooting.
SCI Pro-One           common                   $500              Nice
monosynth with filter input.

This is by no means a comprehensive list.  I just wanted to get something
going.

Later,

D 4 V 1 D    K R 1 5 T 1 4 N
jndk@colba.net
http://www.alien8recordings.com

Tom!  You better not be playin with my fragile mind!?!?!  Are you?
Can I play my guitar through  an old synth???  Use its filter????
Why isn`t this stuff beeing massproduced???     is it??   :-)   You got ma
mojo workin`!!!

Thanks , Thomas W

PS.  If I look , will I ever find one in this millennium??? What shuld I
look for?