Re: need help getting off the list

Ok - Chuck already beat me to the punch, but here's a different take on the
same question...

At 04:11 AM 3/11/98 -0500, jtaylor wrote:
>hi.
>how do i get off the list?

Well, It's a bit complex but if you managed to sign yourself on then I
think you can manage:

1) Contact your ISP and tell them that you would like to cancel your
internet service because loopers-delight is not working for you (I know,
sounds
odd, but they will understand)

2) Contact kim and let him know that what you've
experienced so far has been good and that you're not worried about all
the little things that you can't control but you just don't have time to
try and understand his messages. Make sure to send the message at least
50 times because he's so busy in his intellectual studies that he may
lose your message in all the quantum physics e-mail he gets

<network> and on the Configuration palette highlight each of the listed
clients, adapters & protocols and <remove> each one, this will deinstall
the loopers-delight protocol parameters

4) You shouldn't have to reboot your computer, but if it asks you to
then accept and let the machine reboot

Manager palette and scroll down and double click on Modem. Highlight
your modem listing and select <remove>. This is actually one of
Microsofts numerous misnomers, in that it won't actually remove your
modem settings but it *will* remove any resident TCP/IP loopers-delight
applications and clear the memory blocks from the last performed step
(i.e. - removing the loopers-delight parameters)