Re: Folk, etc

     Michael phd stuck his neck out (must be that `lopping axe' crack!)
and
     said

> that over here, Folk musos are fare more adventurous than the Jazz lot,
> especially over the last 10-20 years; a prime example is the band Iona,
> who have a Stick player (Nick Beggs) and featured ROBERT FRIPP playing
> LOOPED SOUNDSCAPES on ane album (note unsubtle LD-relevant comments!),
>or
> the hiphop/celtic crossover of Shooglenifty and (to a lesser extent)
> Capercaillie.

     What - more adventurous than Cortney Pine's latest work with DJs and
     remixers; Steve Williamson's efforts in this area; Martin Speake's
     group(s) with guitarist John Paricelli, and JP's contribution to the
     Iain Ballamy group; Billy Jenkins & the Voice of God Collective; the
     Arguelles bothers; and other ex-Loose Tubes alumni?

     Not quite sure what the `Jazz lot' up your way are into, but there's
     bit more than just Tommy Smith and Martin Taylor (both of whom are
     obviously fine musicians with CDs in my collection) going on
     elsewhere, dont ya know!

     David
     ("Bill - careful with that axe..." yewww...)