Re: SV: Setup Time for Loop Rig

>>Hmmm, I've actually been thinking about something similar, a shallow 3
>>space rack case angled slightly upwards built into a pedalboard, holding
>>the JamMan, Peavey filter box and maybe another rack box. Most of the
>rest
>>of my effects are stomp boxes, and it'd be nice to build something that I
>>could plug the bass into one end, the amp at the other, and be done with
>

>Hi Dave ,  the pedalboard that you are planning to build is actually about
>to be mass-produced by SKB. The model is called PS-100 and has a
>velcro-covered surface for pedal mounting (mmm !) and AC powersupply that
>powers up to 6 pedals. And "pointing" up at   you there is a 3-space rack.
>The board also have some eff. loops for some of the pedals , and
>rear-mounted jacks for running external gear.   .......I hope this helps.

DOH! As usual, whenever I have a good idea, someone else has come up with
it already. Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for it.

>That Peavey filter box you mention , it sounds just like the one in my
>dreams. Will you tell us about it?

It's an SPAF Analog Filter. It's a MIDI/Envelope/CV controllable
24db/octave resonant filter, modelled after the classic Minimoog filter. I
think it sounds great, especially on bass, and has some pretty extensive
MIDI control. There are a few other similar boxes out by Waldorf, Sherman,
and others as well, but the Peavey was cheap used...

>Yours , Thomas

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra