Re: The future of looping, etc.

93

---TritoneDW <TritoneDW@aol.com> wrote:

> using loops as a compositional
> tool, rather than an improvisational one.
>
> I'm writing "contemporary classical" music
(for lack of a better
> term--everyone gets upset when you use the
more accepted term "serious music")
> for solo electric guitar right now, and the
looper opens up certain intiguing
> possibilities for the composer. For example,
you can have stacked structures
> much larger than usually available with four
fingers and six strings (fifths
> stacked over 3 or 4 octaves for example).

I use my JamMan all the time as a compositional
tool for all styles of music, including but not
limited to: jazz, pop, "contemporary classical",
ambient, etc. etc. etc.  I also use my sampler
and sequencer for more complicated parts that I
need to step-time, but I find myself going to
the looper more often as my keyboard chops are
simply abysmal ;-)

I also use it as a quick check on my improv
soloing chops.  A lot quicker and less clumsy
than a tape player.

93

Rev. Doubt-GOat