Re: ECM (was Frisell/torn)

Miko:
>I've always been attracted to that Scandanavian 'endless plain'
>atmospheric
>style... Garbarek, Rypdal. On "Where in the World" Frisell really floats
>out
>there on a couple tracks as well.

Thom:
Yeah!  That one has always been my favourite frisell album , and now you
made me
realize why....

"Unsung Heroes" is really one of my all time favorites! So simple and
elegant,
yet complex at the same time. Bill's improv is so lyrical. I learned it
and
programmed the 'head' into my sequencer and had a great time improvising
to it.
I really learned a lot with that one. That's my favorite Frisell release
as
well.

Miko:
>I got both these CD's around the same time (a long time ago). They were
>also my
>first exposure to Torn and Frisell. Soon after Power Tools w/Frisell came
>out
>and that really did it for me. I like Frissell a lot, but Torn has a
>little
>more wiggle in his concept which strikes a little closer to home for me.

Thom:
Power Tools?   I have heard mention of that before , but I have no idea
what it
is. ne1??

I know this was discussed recently, but I couldn't find the post.

The vinyl I have is called "Bass Desires" and I believe it is Marc Johnson
and
??? (someone help me here.) Frisell's playing on this record is *very*
electric
on this album. Although it isn't necessarily more distorted / fed back /
or
agitated... It just seems that the chemistry is electric. This is Frissell
before he had his Klein. He was playing his SG on this one.

-miko