Re: Future loop music

I like the opportunity that looping enables (since it doesn't use up
traditional
recording resources such as tape or hard disk space and provide
instananeous and
continuous sound) to capture something unique, accidental and or
impossible to
duplicate.

Of course it also provides a new source of frustration when that cool
accidental
riff is lost because of a bad overdub (I have a jamman and currently just
drool
over the plex's undo feature) or chunky boot hits the reset button
"accidentally."

Accidental music is a good and clever name but it is a little misleading. I
don't accidentally make the music, I accidentally make good music.... No,
wait... that's not quite right either. I accidentally make good music that
no
amount of fore thought or planning could make. It captures the tension
between
two polor opposite concepts and is very thing that I love about music:

Improvisation: which gives it a unique flavor for being ALIVE and organic.
Repetition: which enables the recognition and familiarity that makes Pop
music
Popular, and tones the improvisation down (as compared to the never ending
changes of live improvisation)

Of course these same ideas can provide crap. But there looping aside,
there is
never any shortage of crappy music. And besides: Crap is in the bowl of the
beholder... or something like that.

d/-\\/e "wishing I was home - looping now"