Re: Love lorne loopers(was slagging)

At 2:18 AM -0500 3/5/98, mark sottilaro wrote:
>Hey,
>
>I actually like Tori, but I get the point.  I've always had a problem
>with music coming between a relationship.  At first, in the honeymoon
>period, they ignore the beautiful squeals of Zorn and the musings of the
>Residents, but soon after, they want to start putting on Madonna albums.

Actually, I like Tori too. Not as much as my uber-fan girlfriend, but I
wasn't at all bored sitting through numerous concerts. Rather enjoyed it.

I would say that having different tastes is kind of nice, so I'm gonna
advocate that position. I've heard a lot of music that I wouldn't have
listened to otherwise, and that's a pretty good thing. Same for her too.
She had never listened to jazz before, and now she's into it. I've noticed
her head bopping around when the drum and bass is on. And she was pretty
much flipping over FSOL's dead cities album the other day. So I think
there's possibility to grow towards each other, if you're open to it.

Interesting crossovers happen sometimes. The other day, I was listening to
the Polytown cd for the first time in ages, and she says, "I know who that
is! He played bass on Kate Bush's early albums." Sure enough, that Mick
Karn gets around. Another time she was listening to one of her Happy Rhodes
cd's when I noticed a familiar sounding loopy guitar thing. Lo and behold,
there's Mr. Torn, getting around as well. funny.....

>I actually used a comparison between a Madonna album and a Naked City
>album to illustrate the difference between myself and an interested
>woman.
>
>Smooth, eh?

oh yeah. Can we call you Dr. Love?

>And so the problem:  Other than one woman in my entire life (I'm 32)
>I've never been able to share the most important thing in my life.  The
>romantic relationship ended with that woman 2 years ago, and it's been
>slim pickings ever since.  Where are you guys?  Should we start a
>Loopers personal ad page?
>
>Man with an open heart seeks
>SWF for Discipline and Starless Bible
>Black nights.  Tired of crying the tears
>of a waiting man. (315) 437-7492
>
>What'dya think?

Given the number of men present at any given progressive/difficult music
performance I've been to, I do have one suggestion that should greatly
improve your odds.....a few things might be a little different than you're
used to, but heck, the music tastes will be the same.....

kim