RE: EDP goes down during live performance

At 8:58 PM -0500 2/25/98, Douglas Lawrence wrote:
>I've had this happen as well, several times in one night even with
>Loop 5. The EDP just seems to lock up. I really didn't see this until
>I upgraded to full 16 Mb memory (4Mb 60ns parity chips). Given the
>long compatibility list for memory that can work in the EDP, it's hard
>to believe that could be the problem. Maybe I'll see if someone has
>a memory tester ...

"locking up" is not a symptom of the old thermal problem, sounds like there
is something else wrong there. It could be related to the simms, if
something were wrong with them you could see problems where it will freeze
or crash. Something like that wouldn't have anything to do with software,
it would most likely mean the hardware is broken somewhere. You tried with
different simms and didn't see the problem? That might mean there is
something wrong with on of the simms you bought. (not too uncommon,
unfortunately. whenever one of my computers dies at work that's one of the
first things the sysadmins change....) You might narrow it down by just
installing one pair to see if it ever fails, and then try the other pair.

good luck,

kim