LEXICON FOOT PEDALS

Not to beat a dead horse - does everyone agree the Lexicon foot pedals are
poor design or am I  off track?

I have seen arguments for midi controllers and was looking around on the
internet.
Was wondering, how would I program a midi controller for the Jamman?
Perhaps
I should read the manual hey?  I have a Dr. Rhythm drum machine which is
Midi
capable as well,  would I be able to set them both to trigger from the
midi?

I am a little weak on midi.  I understand it to be a protocol similar to
other
communications protocols.  It travels at about 33kbs with 5 or 7 pin
connectors.
Does this mean that all midi capable units are set up like a LAN (Local
area
network) with a physical ring which addresses each of the hosts on the
network?

Anyway,  I think I'm interested in the MIDI, but don't want to spend a lot
of
time learning how to work the thing.  Anyone feel the old regular analog
switches are better?

Oh, by the way Greg Hogan at Lexicon, I am in the market for another pedal,
but not from Lexicon.  Thanks anyway.

Regards;
John Peters