echoplex and static discharge

dt wrote:
to add to it:
in my experience, the echoplex will do a complete
reset whenst the fusspedal
receives any static dis-charge.....
------------
David,

I too had this problem with the EDP, here in Boulder (dry air causing
high static charges).  The problem was frequent, I was most
frustrated.  Kim suggested I insulate the ground of the footpedal's
jack from the metal case of the footpedal.  I found that Radio Shack
had a pack of flexible, plastic grommets in assorted sizes.  One of
the larger sizes grommets from this pack perfectly fits around the
threaded barrel of the jack, and inside the hole of the case.  This
change completely resolved the static-reset problem, and returned me
to loopful bliss.

ground lifted,
bret