Re: What's going on at Oberheim?

>Hello all,
>
>I'm not trying to start any panic or rumors, but I just tried to call the
>toll free number for Oberheim, which I had used as recently as back in
>January, and I got a recording saying that the toll free number I tried to
>call had been disconnected and no more info was available. I noticed that
>Pat Murphy hasn't answered to the list to respond to David Kirkdorffer's
>email from earlier and then with Tom Spaulding leaving last week somewhat
>suddenly, it makes me wonder. I did not try to call Gibson directly.
>Anybody know what's up?
>Ed

Ed
I am very much still here. Little has changed since Tom left and we are
still on the same page. Since Tom was always so active on the Looper site,
I chose to remain silent for the most part. There is no way that I could
compete with him in the one liner department.
I also spend a lot of time answering the volumes of email that I receive
through the Gibson web site as well as phone calls from consumers and
dealers. I keep in close touch with our tech in coordinating repairs and
staying informed of problems and changes. I am also the guy that ships out
your repairs and replacements. I have gained a lot of hands on knowledge
about the Echoplex as well as the Oberheim keyboard products. Even though I
am a guitar player, I am Midi literate so I ended up being the Oberheim
Customer service guy. In addition to handling Oberheim customer service I
also handle customer service for Slingerland drums. A full plate indeed.
I am a consumer as well. A gear head. A musical toy junkie. From my pawn
shop buying sprees, I have owned just about one of everything . I am one of
you except that I am a novice looper. I didn't get my hands on an Echoplex
until November of last year.I have learned a lot from you folks.
Though my postings to this group may be few and far between, please don't
take it as a lack of interest or anything like that. I very much believe in
the Echoplex and looping in general. If you need individual help, please
send me email.

thanks
Pat "son of Spaulding" Murphy
(not to be confused with son of sam)