Re: Where to buy echoplex foot control unit?

At 04:57 PM 2/23/98 -0700, Art Simon wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Anybody know where I can buy an Oberheim Echoplex foot control unit?  I
>purchased the echoplex from Manny's, but they don't seem to be able to
>get them anymore (see quote below).  BTW, my compliments and kudos to
>the designers of such a wonderful instrument!

thanks from all of us!

Now, this is just too much:

>> Art,
>>
>> Unfortunately, no is the answer to your question. I believe Gibson
>> guitars was in line to purchase the company when it filed for
>> Bankruptcy, but it seems we haven't heard of they have or not. I can
>> tell that we no longer sell the products.
>> Sorry we couldn't be of more help dude!
>>
>> Have a great day!
>> Ron@Manny's

Like, dude, do you totally think I could be any more outta touch with the
industry I work in? Dude, like, it's so wild, that bad acid trip I took in
like 1985 made all time stand still for me. It's like my world totally
remains frozen in amber. It's gnarly man! rock on!

sorry,

kim
(oberheim was bought out of bankruptcy by gibson about 10 years ago, for
those without any particular reason to keep track of such things.....)

Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
Mpact Systems Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research              http://www.chromatic.com