Music for aiports...redux

Hi Loopers:

Did anybody hear the interview last week on National Public Radio with the
musicians from Bang a Can -- we think that's there name.  Anyway they have
transcribed and are now performing Eno's 1978 MUSIC FROM AIRPORTS in real
time
with real humans.

This was an absolutely fascinating interview replete with tracks from the
Eno
album and the new tracks with the "human loopers."

Some of you will go flambonic when you here the transcribers describe Eno's
looping and synthisizers as "inhuman" and "cold," but others, like the
LoOpDoctOrs will go ecstatic when you hear the incredible and different (we
won't say better) beauty of Eno's loops put inside the frail oral cavities
of
human beings and 18th and 19th century instruments.

Also, it's just amazing how much passionate work these transcribers did to
get
this morphed into pure, homo-sapanic analogue!  What a quirky, heart-felt,
and
cool thing.  Also, there is a part there the transcriber talked about what
ENO
did to get a "climax" in one particular piece.   We won't spoil the fun,
but
it's a fascinating trick and we would love to know from those hip to Eno's
techniques  what they think of the transcribers analysis of this piece.

We bet you can get a download or tape of this interview from the NPR
website.
Check it out.  If you can't, for the purely mad, the LoOpDoctOrs mite
forward
a copy of the interview (we taped it) if you send us a blank tape.  But if
we
get forty thousand blank cassettes suddenly in the mail, we are renting a
local warehouse and holding a vintage analogue/lovefest firesale.

Best,
the LoOpDoctOrs