RE: New looping equipment

Somebody at the NAMM Lexicon booth was "leaking rumors" about new looping
devices from Lexicon. Quite a few people mentioned that to me while I was
at
the show. I think it must have been some over-zealous sales rep, because
when I talked with other Lex folks about it I basically heard what Greg
says
here. As I understood from Bob and from fiddling with the unit in the
booth,
the loop thing in the MPX isn't related to the JamMan and is just a very
simple loop implementation.

kim

At 09:55 AM 2/20/98 -0700, Mark Landman wrote:
>Greg-
>
>Is there an algorithm (or interface) set up specifically for loop capture
>and such? Any of the Jamman design make it into this version of the MPX?
>With 20 seconds of memory it seems a shame if it's just configured as a
>straight delay lineÉ
>
>Mark
>
>>Dear Antti,
>>
>>I am not aware of any dedicated looper being developed here.  Our MPX G2
>>will allow you to create 1 loop of up to 20 seconds in mono or up to 10
>>seconds in stereo audio.
>>
>>Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything
>>that I can do for you.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>
>>Greg Hogan
>>Lexicon Customer Service
>>Phone +781-280-0372
>>FAX +781-280-0499

Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com