Re: why do people think looping is just for guitar?

Kim:
>To me, using real-time loops for percussion or cello or radio
>transmissions
>or whatever seems just as valid. Why don't other people see it that way?
>What do we do to change that perception?

Perhaps :
1. The world just doesn't know enough electric cellists or radio-musicians;
2. The people at the Big Music Store aren't aware of the wider musical
scene;
3. The people at the Big Music Store say "Oo.  Effects box.  Put it with
the guitars, willya?"

Point 3 ties in very well with Jon D's attempts at explaining what the
JM/Tex do to Guitar Center (or whomever it was)...

michael