Re: plastic tubes creating lightning

Paolo wrote:
>So I thought it would be cool to have a plastic or
rubber tube rigged
so I could play Stick in the normal position yet be
able to blow some
air onto my Stick pickups at the same time.<
Rob wrote:
making timpani-like pitch swells on his floor
tom. As I looked
closer to see how he was doing this, I saw that he was
blowing air
through a plastic tube into the "breathing" hole on
the side of the tom.

Last night I saw a documentary about launching model rockets into
storm clouds.  These rockets carried a trailing thin wire that
unreeled as the rocket went higher.  The wire was grounded in order to
cause controlled lightning strikes, that were recorded visually and
electrically.  The launch of the rockets was controlled at a distance,
by forcing air (breath) through a clear plastic tube, for safety
reasons.  This provided insulation from the control site to the launch
(and lightning) site.

bret