Carl Stone's Shing Kee

I just discovered this wonderful looping piece, and it probably old news
to many of you (it was composed in 1986).

 I enjoy "composition"-long looping creations such as Lucier's I am
Sitting in a Room, and Bryars' Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet. I
believe that Carl Stone's Shing Kee is in the same class as these
masterworks in working with a single loop.

Check it out...it is on a New Albion Records CD titled Mom's.

Like many minimalist pieces, listen without judgment for the first
two-thirds of the piece, then listen in amazement.

Can anybody out there point me to released recordings of similar lengthy
pieces (other than Reich's It's Going to Rain), or perhaps shed light on
how Shing Kee was processed/composed?

Samuel D. Burns
usonian@bellsouth.net