Re: screaming guitar

In a message dated 98-02-12 11:14:17 EST, Ted wrote:

<< Something that works better sound-wise for me but with perhaps a little
less
 theatrical appeal are those compressed air cans that you can readily buy
at
 radio shack (and elsewhere) to blow the dust from sensitive electronic
parts.
 They usually come with a thin plastic tube that inserts into the
nozzle--very
 handy for precise aiming at whatever portion of the strings you care to
blow
 on. Somewhere around the 12th fret usually works better for me.

If you want the same effect, with a bit more theatrical appeal, you can
use a
trick Gary Davis (of San Diego's Custom Floor) showed me.  Blow up a
brightly
colored balloon (the performance element), and use that for your
compressed-
air exciter source.  Cheaper than compressed air too...

-Mike