Re: Reverse and musicBut, after that, how many of us have been present when an angelic alienintelligence took command of out bodies while we held the guitar, and blewsomething astonishing out of our hands that eclipsed anything we evercomposed???dpc

A little correction: Belew also uses an old RPS-10 from boss to play
"reverse leads" and it works with the same way the bommerang does (it
was just waaaayyy older). A lot of reverse on KC circa 80-83 are done
with a RPS-10; You can duplicate exactly the effect. I know, I have one.

"This sounds very choppy, not at all like the typical reverse leads
created by Jimi Hendrix, George Harrison, or Adrian Belew."

Like the F-man says "music plays the human instrument. I'm quite
convinced of that. Sometimes Music just flows in you and you "do" things
you wouldn't have dome otherwise. We sometimes call it inspiration. We
know it is both highly desirable and unpredictable. I just believe it to
be music speaking from time to time to me. Rest of the time, I prepare
myself, works on chops and skills, not to be too limited when Music
speaks.  I try to learn to interfere as low as possible. Try to keep my
ego from blocking the music (I was never too happy with the ability to
play at lightning speed a major scale, as far as "music" is concerned, I
had to find something else...)

"But, after that, how many of us have been present when an angelic alien
intelligence took command of out bodies while we held the guitar, and
blew
something astonishing out of our hands that eclipsed anything we ever
composed???
dpc"

Olivier Malhomme