Re: Question about the Boomerang

> Hello fellow loopers,
>
> A friend of mine just told me that the Boomerang will let you play
> backwards live in realtime. I told him I had not heard that, but I knew
>you
> could flip the recorded loop around and play it backwards. My friend said
> someone demonstrated a Boomerang to him and he swore the guy was playing
> backwards solo live in realtime. If the 'Rang can do this, I'm surprised
> this hasn't been mentioned before, as it is a pretty cool thing. If it
>has
> been mentioned, I must have missed it. You guys at Boomerang should add
> this to your ads and marketing, there might be a few crazy backwards
> loopers out there who would get into this. Also is there any progress on
> software update for the Boomerang for better sampling rate? Thanks!
> Ed

Hi Ed,
  It's true. It's true. The Rang talks drawkcab. Start in idle mode and
turn off the through signal with the THRU MUTE switch. Press REVERSE.
Then press RECORD twice, choosing a loop length - about a measure is
suggested. The Rang responds by turning on the REVERSE, PLAY, and RECORD
LED's. It then records a measure of sound and plays it backwards while
recording more; this process continues indefinitely. You are playing a
measure ahead of what the audience hears, but they hear only reverse
lead.
  Ah, software version 2. It's coming, but slowly. You won't catch me
quoting any dates, but hopefully it won't be too long. We do anticipate
increasing the sample rate by about 20-30 percent. We will send up
flares when it's ready, rest assured.

Mike Nelson

Boomerang Musical Products
PO Box 541595
Dallas, TX 75354-1595

Tel       800-530-4699 (outside USA, 214-340-6913)
Fax       214-343-1038
email     mnelson@dmans.com
web page  http://www.boomerangmusic.com