Re: Notation for Looping

Actually I'm thinking more a shorthand technique. Doing a completely linear
score for a loop piece with 50 or a hundred passes would be possible but
not
practical. Bach's fugues are incredible, but are limited by human mechanics
(for lack of a better description).

And Terry Riley's approach may not address actual timing relationships
between phrases, which I also consider when looping. The CD I have has the
score, but not a fully detailed description of performing it (but the notes
are excellent nonetheless).

Reg