RE: looping as sin

>Apparently, I wasn't very clear in what I wanted to say.
>
>Solo Looping wasn't NECESSARILY the problem in my view:
>
>If music is creative, it's creative . . . however if the MACHINE is
>dictating the "music" ("playing IC chips"), and NOT the player. Then I
>do have a problem. If the machine HINDERS or LIMITS flexibility or
>musical decision-making I believe the tool is in charge and not the
>operator. (Of course it is cool to react to what is being spit back at
>you . . . lots of grey area here to be sure.)

I think I agree.

But at the same time, all instruments limit the musician. The idea is to
work within those limits to generate beauty. Some artists are actually
inspired by that.

But at the same time, there will be those who are more fascinated by the
hardware and by making it jump through as many hoops as possible. We need
them too. Though we might not want to sit through an evening of it.

Reg