Re: backporch of looping (was: forefront)

At 03:34 PM 2/5/98 -0600, Tom Spaulding wrote:
>Virtually no one that works here (Gibson)has heard of you, or Fripp, or DJ
>Spooky, or any non-mainstream (whatever that means) artist, based on my
>informal poll. That is not to say that we have ignorant, uninformed
>dullards walking around here, merely that their realm of experience lays
>comfortably upon the bed of the familiar names and faces we all know and
>love. What Artist Relations person would walk into a Marketing meeting
>with
>a Polytown CD and actually convince the group that this was the future and
>that Slash and Ace and Joe and Jimmy and B.B were passe, or at least only
>part of the picture? It does not happen.
>
> I am currently creating a "Looping Manifesto" to attempt to describe what
>possibilities are out there for Oberheim/Gibson. This is a new world, one
>that many will be certain is flat or at best temporary. It is now my
>feeling that if we do not create a market for Looping, it will remain a
>cultural, fringe anomaly. Eventually the visionaries will give up, sell
>off
>their ideas or have them revert back to them undeveloped.

Hey Tom,

just tell them that Looping is the perfect way to play all the parts in
"Sweet Home Alabama" all by yourself. No need to share the stage with some
other ego-mad guitar player. It'll be all you!

You also might want to remind them that the kids today aren't listening to
guitar music much anymore, and Gibson's gonna have to think of something
eventually! :-)

kim
Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com