RE: looping as sin

>If music is creative, it's creative . . . however if the MACHINE is
>dictating the "music" ("playing IC chips"), and NOT the player. Then I
>do have a problem. If the machine HINDERS or LIMITS flexibility or
>musical decision-making I believe the tool is in charge and not the
>operator. (Of course it is cool to react to what is being spit back at
>you . . . lots of grey area here to be sure.)

But whatever tool you're using, from a piano to an Echoplex, is going to
provide limitations.  I mean a piano has only 88 notes.  Talk about the
tool being in charge...
"Limitations" can often just point you in different directions than you
might have otherwise pursued...
In a world where people can request 4-bit sampling as an option on the
EDP, the definition of limitation becomes very elastic indeed.

Travis Hartnett