System 7 / 777

>I have to give you guys major props for turning me on to Photek, The Orb,
>DJ Krush, etc. etc... guys who are hardly guitar oriented.  It was
>refreshing for me to discover a whole new universe of music that I
>ignorantly put down as the product of "musically-ignorant lazy
>button-pushers
>and robbers of 'real' music".

If you like the Orb, Check out System 7 (in the UK), aka 777 (in the
States) for loopy guitar stuff a la Steve Hillage.  Each of their CDs is
somewhat different.  The first one (777) is orange (I think the seashell
image may have changed a few years ago) and is the most different of the
bunch.  You may like Golden Section, Power of Seven, or the Water or Fire
Album more.  Water is a pretty ambient; Fire is basically the same thing
with beats mixed in.

JT