Re: RE: RE:Fernandes guy at NAMM

> >>What I was talking about is that "guitar string waveform" is usually
>not an
> >>option on yer regular waveform selector knob. Now if I actually
>possessed an
> >>analog synth, or was possessed by one, it would probably occur to me
>shortly
> >>after the possibilities for triangles became a bit barren that using a
> >>"guitar string waveform" in place of the oscillator section might be
>pretty
> >>damn cool. Lots of nifty harmonics in those strings. And if I did do
>that,
> >>it would next occur to me that using a sustaining device on the guitar
> >>string to take away the remarkably predictable guitar string envelope
>would
> >>be darned handy, allowing me to replace it with the good ol' ADSR. Add
>some
> >>LFO's, some filters, and some weird effects, loop it up, and as the
>kids
> >>say, it would be wikked.....

This reminds me to ask... Has anyone here tried feeding their guitar/Stick/
bass/whatever into the analog input of a Waldorf Pulse Plus or one of the
other analog synths that have analog inputs?  I recall Robert (oh no!)
Fripp used to feed his Les Paul signal into a Synthi for his Frippertronics
sound.  Pete Cosey did that too with Miles Davis.  I think side one of
Pangaea has an extended guitar solo processed through a Synthi.

In a late 80s interview with Cosey, he said that the Synthi ended up
sitting in his basement (or garage?) for his kids to play with and make
Darth Vader voices.

Cheers,

Paolo Valladolid