RE: Arcane Device

>     Hi David,   Thanks for explaining how you made those  sounds.  I have
>several of your works and it always puzzled me how you were  able to
>generate the sounds.   Didn't you have two  "instruments"?  A big console
>and a small portable  unit?   You're right about knobs on equipment.  I
>wish every piece of equipment had three or four knobs whose control
>functions  you could select.   Mark Kata Mark@asisoftware.com

Yeah Mark, there was also a little unit I called the "shoebox" or
"carry-on".  I got three Digitech 2 second delay pedals--forget the model
no., but they were pretty good bandwidth: 12 or 15K, unlike the 8 sec floor
pedal which some people have mentioned here), tore them up and routed all
the pots & switches to my own, crammed all the PCB's (along with a
similarly-stripped Microverb) into a box about 12 X 9 X 5".  Had a
mixing-matrix too, of course.  It was a screamer!  Only recording it really
got featured on was a concert recording which was on, I think, AD7
(cassette from some little label in CA).  Unfortunately, a real underground
venue in Pittsburgh had questionable AC and smoke came out of the poor
little thing!  Was never the same....

David Myers