Robert Fripp

  I never thought that I'd come anywhere near this topic right now.  Go
figure...  I must say though, that I'm not interested in getting involved
in this "issue" or a debate.  I just wanted to mention my experience...

  I was able to see Robert this summer on the G-3 tour.  I was extremely
moved and inspired by his performance.  I felt that the performance had a
wonderous type of "movement" to it.  I was taken far from where I was when
I came in.  What did piss me off however was the crowd being so loud and
disrespectful while I was trying to listen...  I personally liked Robert's
set better than the entire rest of the show, as it sounded to me like
incessant minor pentatonic played on the one all night...dispite this, I
still had a nice time hearing the other performers.  Yes, I seemed to hear
alot of the same sounds, but I was still moved.

  To me, music can have many different sounds or just one and I may think
it's "good".  There is more to music than the sounds used to create it.
It may not have to be created by people at all like natural sounds like
birds or the wind...  It could be someone saying your name...  There is
more going on here...

smiles, tweet tweet!

Corynne