"global english" / 60 mails/day

>I tried starting an Ambient Garth Brooks cover band over a year ago. No
>one
>would where the hat.
>(hat...cover...thinkaboutit)

Isn't it "wear"? Or is that part of a joke I did not grab?

This triggers a concern that circulates in my head for a while:

You know, I like slangs and try to follow and have good laughs sometimes,
but please consider the difficulty for the few not native americans that
still take their time to discover the meanings behind the often "smart
chat" on this list in up to 60 mails/day.

It is sad, but it takes a simple short "global english" to keep the group
international. Looping definitally is not a typically american thing, even
though american enterprises were the first to risk an investment (after I
took the risk to develop the LOOP delay in switzerland :-)
I do not want to cut the "art" aspect of emailing, but I want all
interested people from any place of the globe to be able to read all mails,
to follow and to feel fine to make their contribution in their "non smart"
style.
Please cut a thin slice of a solid simple bread that we can hold and that
contains all the essence of nuriture you want to contribute and then put
some jam on top if you like to make it more tasty - for those who want it
and can understand it.

And yes, sometimes it takes rereading and elaborating the mail... many will
read it, after all, maybe years from now...

Just searching for ways to make a beautifull list shine even more
Matthias