Re: What / who is on the forefront of looping music?

>..whatever... i agree - it's some of fripp's most..... non exciting stuff.
>but , yes, i respect the fact - that was what he was going for.. but on
>the
>2 soundsscape CDs i have , plus the G3 show, it never seemed to take off,
>beyond simplistic, basic synth patches thru cool stereo FX. not as
>adventurous as he usually is, by far!
>
>andre'

This is a good point.  Fripp does rely too much on synth patches.  Now that
can sometimes work very effectively such as on A Blessing of Tears, but
more
often than not it just gets cloying.  I would like to see him use the
natural sound of the guitar more - essentially i would like him to sound
like a guitarist, rather than a keyboard player.

Pete