Re: Back in the Saddle Again

David Meyers wrote:
>Cripes, annihilist wouldn't let me in since Dec. 13th; my ISP just figured
>out how to fix the problem, whatever it was.

very glad this is fixed! My ISP claims to have made some changes as well, I
guess something worked.

>BTW, I wanted to put in my .02 regarding a desert island looper's list:
>
>1) Paul Dresher "Liquid and Stellar Music"

I was quite amused to find that Paul and I both have a very special
fondness for Ministry. He says he likes to play their cd's while setting up
for performances, and listens to them quite a bit. "The Mind is a Terrible
Thing to Taste" would be one of my favorite loop albums ever. I'm praying
for a Paul Dresher/Al Jourgensen collaboration.....

>More BTW: I just ordered more RAM to max out my Echoplex and discovered an
>interesting phenomenon.  Several of the memory companies asked me, "what
>is
>it for?", and in one case I told them.  They said, we sell so-and-so for
>samplers and music equipment--bottom line, the very same 30-pin SIMMs as
>for a Mac SE30, etc., but a jacked-up price.  Reason?  I dunno--maybe
>they've had music people return RAM more often?

Try: "gee, musicians are actually dumb enough to believe that their sound
will be affected by the simms they use! Let's unload these expensive ones
that nobody else will buy."

kim