Re: funky vintage boxes..

At 9:10 PM 1/28/98, CORROSIVE@aol.com wrote:
>i know this is slightly off-topic, but...I almost always use funky old
>stomp
>boxes when loooping with the Plex & Jamman, and thought it would be
>interesting to hear other peoples setups or fave processors for looping. O

I have 2 current faves, an original Electro-Harmonix Memory Man analog
delay, and the DOD Gonkulator distortion/ring modulator. The MM is a great
source of sounds on its own, by twiddling with the delay and feedback
knobs, and has a very seasick-sounding chorus mode. The Gonkulator is a
pretty lousy ring modulator, it only gives you a fixed 500hz modulating
frequency, no external input, and it emits a constant 500hz buzz when it's
engaged, whether there's any input signal or not, but, still, it's great
for thin, crummy disharmonic noise. And we all love that, don't we?

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra