Re: craft project

At 01:48 PM 1/27/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey kids,

SNIP

>considerable spaghetti problem.
>So, I decided to build my own snake. After a variety of
>tape/twist-tie configurations failed, I got $.50 of fabric
>at Ben Franklin and spent an afternoon sewing and
>listening to Paul Bley albums. I made a tube 7.5'x 1.5"
>and threaded my cables through it. Presto-quick and tidy
>setup and teardown.
>I suppose this little invention won't catch on because
>it's getting easier and easier to get one big controller
>that can run all your stuff or one gadget that does
>everything and then some (G-Force? Eventide? Powerbook
>with MAX?), but I figured I'd share my Martha Stewart
>moment with y'all.

Jeff, was wondering if you'd consider doing a lace doily for the top of my
rack ;)

Seriously, you're going to make some lucky loopette one heck of a catch
someday ;0

if you added velcro, you could use it as a wrap--make getting the cables in
and out easier (yeah, I know it's being done commercially, but in a LIGHT
BLUE SILK CHENILLE to DIE FOR) . . .

I've been meaning to check out the drainage field hose section of Home
Depot
and look for a practical diameter thaat I could slit and pack with cables

>Oh yeah, under no circumstances read Mark Vail's Vintage
>Synthesizers book. It's worse than pornography. I was
>filled with an unstoppable violent lust for gear.

I'm on a post-gear orgy, 12-step program at the present time. Please
respect
my WEAKENED state . . . no more references to LOVELY, LOOOOVVVELY, gear
(drool)

>Jeff Schwartz
>jeffs@bgnet.bgsu.edu
>http://www.bgsu.edu/~jeffs/main.html