Re: praxis (ws some torn rec. CDs)

>I've got to check out that AZA.Living Colour were a fantastic band,and
>bernie
>worrell,wow.Anybody else like or heard of Praxis?It,s a Bill Laswell
>creation
>with various lineups including worrel,bootsy collins, john
>zorn,buckethead,brain and tons of others.
>Jeff

oh yeah, I have all the praxis albums. A lovely schizophrenic feel, with
some incredible music in there. Lot of great surprises. And Brain just
blows me a way. Definitely one of the most talented and funky drummers on
the planet. I've enjoyed listening to him since the old Limbomaniacs days.
And of course buckethead, who has the distinction of being the only guitar
player I'm still interested in listening to. You really have to see him
live to grasp just how brilliant he can be and how absurdly funny. He's
standing up there playing with inhuman technique and mocking it all at the
same time. And with that expressionless mask, you just can't tell if he
means the brilliant ironies or if he's just a complete idiot, which I think
is part of the point and makes it that much more fun. I've actually seen
buckethead loop before, so it's not completely off topic I guess.....

kim