Echoplex Upgrade Chip Installation Tips

I packed and sent out close to 50 upgrade chip sets last week. I sent info
about what the upgrade does but no info on installing them. Sorry about
that. For those of you who subscribe to this list, here is some information
to help with the installation.

Open the Echoplex. There will be two chips. One is labeled even and the
other is labeled odd. Remove the chips and replace them with the new ones.
Be sure that even replaces even and odd replaces odd. Also, make sure that
the end of the chip that has the orientation indentation is oriented in the
same direction as the old chip. This is more important than the direction
of the label. Looking down on the circuit board from the front of the
Echoplex, the indentations should face to the left. After installing the
chips, you will need to reinitialize the Echoplex. With the Echoplex turned
off, hold down the parameter button and then turn the 'Plex on. Wait about
5 or 6 seconds or until the LEDs go through their power up routine. Turn
the power off and then back on. You should be good to go.
As with any chip installation, take any and all precautions to head off
static electricity. Avoid shag carpet.

thanks
Pat